0

Tiny thanksgiving with Denson rocked!

Posted by Mj Monk on 9:00:00 PM

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe celebrated Thanksgiving weekend in San Francisco this past year with 2 shows at The Independent on Friday November 27th and Saturday November 28th. I went 2 the 2nd Saturday night, which was the last of the 2009 dates for them (I think) who have been touring nonstop in support of their latest record Brother's Keeper. I did see him jam out with some stellar peeps, I later read that Tiny Universe was joined by fellow Greyboy Allstars member Robert Walter and Chris Stillwell and Aaron Redfield, also Chuck Prada from the Black Eyed Peas. I personally like his funky stuff more than his jazzier stuff which I thought he played more of. That being said, I had a great time at the show even thou I had gotten a pretty big tattoo on my arm earlier in the day and kept getteing it bumped into everything, cause I was shakin' my groove thang. He rocked the Independent.

Coolest part? Well when I got tix, they said 2 retweet the shows 4 something (can't remember what), so I did. Later I won a signed Cd...ok I don't really use CD's as much but who cares right, pop that shit right into your Ipod and......still way kewl!
So I was stoked and put my excitement on a shelf for a second. Then recently, I got my promised signed Cd (by the whole band) and put it on my IPod. Aside from it being cool to have them send me their album. It is Dope! "Just got paid" is stuck in my head.
Thanx guys.....


|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Mjaysmonk Designhaus All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.