0

Primaryflight flick ~Artbasel Miami 2007

Posted by Mj Monk on 10:34:00 PM

≈I recently {last November} I went back home for about a month, and I found alot of changes and not all to bad, ya know? I love that Urban culture is penetrating the glossy exterior that my city fronts. A friend from Frisco recently was relating how he had a 1st time visitor 2 Miami tell him recently that 2 someone from Cali: "everything looks so shinny! ~& not in a bad way..."

Uhmm....Well, I had 2 laugh cause I guess it's kinda true. The brightest sun imaginable with impossible humidity penetrating everything it lands on ~like it's was a punishment that you have 2 put up with because you feel guilty surrounded by the bluest waters of the ocean everywhere u go. For~Real, {thats if your not in the Keys, cause then your just in them.} I was even laughing @ the wall next 2 the the freeway on the way to the MIA airport {neau 2 me, I think,-built after I moved?} cause even it had like "colored glass lookin" things cut-out of the concrete, Right there on ugly-ass Le June Rd. I may have been laughing, but it was better to see sunlight through colored glass than to see what's behind it: the airlines that have gone under which used 2 have corporate offices in Miami but are still there because they have to have a space to conduct the business of pensions & such. Like Pan Am, ect..

I guess you can miss shit you thought played out once, after enough time, ~Word! At the time of my departure the only thing that had me hesitant to return to San Frantastic was the upcoming Art Basel 2007. I always loved that week along with the Winter Music Conference. I had 2 leave sometime though, my trip HAD already gone from 1 week 2 a couple days short of a month.Primaryflights video for Art Basel makes me smile, cause it reminds me of the under documented urban art scene that creeps all that glitters in the Magic City!

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts






Art Basel seemed to be dope as I expected, it IS considered one of the hugest art shows worldwide. The New York Times has called Art Basel the «Olympics of the Art World». It's billed as "world's premier international art show for Modern and contemporary works, Art Basel features nearly 300 leading galleries from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. More than 2,000 artists, ranging from the great masters of Modern art to the latest generation of emerging stars, are represented in the show's multiple sections. The exhibition includes the highest-quality paintings, sculptures, drawings, installations, photographs, video and editioned works. " Blahh, Blah, BlaH!

One thing I never would have thought I'd see though would be the artist on the flick above bombin' Miami alleys! Who would of thunk it? They even kicked shit off with my dreamboat Iggy POP playing the 1st night. I've never actually seen him on the mic, only @ the Outback Steakhouse on the beach where my spot was fully blown by a loving friend, which resulted in me forgetting my name like a retard in front of him.

Well, I did get articles & pix from alot of my peeps so if I had to miss it personally then @ least I got to see it digitally from the left coast. Anyway, next week will be the WMC & I'll be missing that as well cause I'm in the middle of movin. I'm on a major grind this year to raise my game. Meaning staying on track is integral. Even though I can make some loot at the conference, the truth is that even making some flow, not paying for where I stay or even any of the Dj sets or partys we end at, ~@ conference's end -good times & not much more is what I'm left with. I just wrote that like that's horrible, no? God, if I wasn't movin' I'd bag that up. Stay focused one!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Mjaysmonk Designhaus All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.